There are lucky people out there in the world who seem to have cheated death in a blink of an eye. While some might believe that everything happening to us is written in the skies, others just call it pure luck
Viral Strange has collected 19 photos of very lucky people who avoided death and got to live a second life.
1. Close Call
2. Safety first
3. A German soldier shot my great-grandfather in the chest during World War 1. Luckily, the coins in his breast pocket absorbed the bullet and saved his life. You could say he didn’t need much money… to survive.
5. Well, that was close.
6. That is the definition of ouch! 14-year-old bit by a shark off Galveston. Story at six.
8. When Jesus loves you very much
9. Safety specs saved this guy’s eye from an exploding angle grinder disc.
10. Close Call: Boulder nearly takes out an Italian farmhouse.
11. There was a mudslide just north of my town and this Caltrans truck driver had a very close call. To the left is the Pacific Ocean.
12. I work in lumber and had a customer shift a pile of 4″x4″ x12 that my hand was next to. One came tumbling down right onto my fingers. I heard a snap and thought my finger had lost the will to remain unbroken, turns out my tungsten carbide ring caught the full force, broke, but didn’t bend and potentially saved me a really chewed-up finger. I’d rather replace a ring than a finger any day!
13. Had a close call tonight, these just look too similar.
14. Cell phone saved worker’s leg from a chainsaw.
15. Two 16 gauge wood framing nails shot into the space between my kneecap and femur! Pay close attention neither nail touched ANY bone. If you look close enough you can see where one nail barely scraped some cartilage off of my femur.
16. Being late to work saved my life. If I had left home 2 seconds earlier, this car would have fallen on top of my head!
18. I feared the worst when this tree toppled over in the direction of my car. But when the snow was cleared away I realized how incredibly lucky I was.
19. When you find a knife point in your frozen berries from the farm and think your father is trying to kill you – and then remember you snapped it off breaking it up yesterday.
Do you know someone lucky as these people? Tell us the story in the comments.