Social media has become the new “reality”, except it’s fake. We have entered a new era, where everyone is trying to be an influencer, the most wanted job these last few years.
However, many people go by the saying “Fake it till you make it” even though one can spot fake miles away.
r/InstagramReality, a subreddit thread dedicated to this topic, wrote: “Social media is a breeding ground for Facetune and Photoshop. It’s unbelievable how some people get away with it while others don’t!”
Viral Strange has gathered 30 pictures of these influencers that can easily be replaced by the name ‘photo-editing software’.
1. I’m sensing a filter
2. Holy hand difference, Batman
4. I’m calling emergency services. This injury is serious.
5. Internal organs? Never heard of ’em
6. She could be an Olympic swimmer with those flippers!
7. You have got to be kidding me
8. She forgot the reflection in the glass.
9. No face texture
10. Nearly had a heart attack when I opened tinder this morning
11. I was shopping online when I saw this dress… And those shoulders…
12. Faking swimming with sharks is a thing now I guess, by blatantly stealing a background image from the internet
13. I’m speechless.
14. Ok these are getting ridiculous…
15. That is one GIANT ass hand.
16. I can’t decide if this is a joke or if someone actually thinks this is believable…
17. Seems legit (it’s a real profile from Facebook)
18. Found in the wild – Why would anyone even post this?
19. Chin to neck transition?
20. Found on Amazon reviews
21. BANANA HAND
22. Toy Story 4
24. I can’t look away…the eyes, the teeth…so bright. The mouth…so large.
25. This is not how real hair looks like bro
26. Forgot to photoshop the other boob
27. Nice T-Rex Arm
28. Same girl, a 10-year difference (in photoshop skills).
29. Ahh, they definitely look alike alright…
30. Was reading an article about photoshop fails on Instagram. This was one of the examples.
What do you think of heavy photo editing? Do you think that it’s ok to slightly edit pictures for Instagram, or should there be no edits at all?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Being yourself is the best thing to do. People who fake can never be trusted or loved