Art is beautiful, even when it might look provocative or ugly. If it provokes a reaction, it has served its purpose.
However, not everyone is cut out to be an artist. Creativity needs more than just drawing some lines or designing something “avant-garde”.
A subreddit called “Delusional Artists” is dedicated to shaming artists who aren’t aware of their lack of creativity and keep being delusional, as the subreddit is named.
Viral Strange has collected 40 pictures shared in this subreddit that have put these delusional artists with their shoulders on the wall.
1. Luxembourg artist ripped off photos, won a €1,500 prize, selling his painting as original work for €6500, and hired an attorney to deal with this matter. (He also has a history of plagiarism.)
2. Met a guy at a bar who told me he was an artist and then said he wanted to draw me
3. Not an artist but a design company, but still… How is this worth $380???
4. handmade “shirt” on depop…
5. Stop Slow Children?
6. Complete horizon lines are for losers.
7. What a stunning piece of work.
8. Only $295! Custom Ugg boots with random pieces of denim glued on top.
9. For just the low low price of $50.
10. It’s “rustic”.
11. For the parents who want their babies to look like they’re smeared with diarrhea 🙂
12. Hoping this is a joke…
13. “cloud like mirror”…
14. Apparently Trisha Paytas has a Poshmark store — only $400!
15. I’m hoping these are a joke but they jump scared me when I was checking the marketplace.
16. “Trump Rally,” featuring a strangely Putin-looking FPOTUS and… a full cast of Jeff Dunham’s puppets in the audience? Take it home for $300
17. Harvey Weinstein’s “girlfriend” is selling her paintings for 5k. These are some of those paintings.
18. What a steal
19. This artist is onto something $50 for recycled fan
20. Complete the Cloud Set With This “Coffee Table”
21. CEO of game studio passes AI-generated art as his own and wins a competition, and his FB contacts are eating it up. (article in comments)
22. This cat tree, which is actually a piece of driftwood, could be yours for the low low price of 3k!!!
23. Woman makes these atrocities and sells them. The Panda bears look like they have seen terrible, terrible things.
24. RiP Bambi
25. only one triad left!
26. At the bargain price of just $3,800 you could be the proud owner of an 8ft tall nightmare-fuel trash mermaid
27. $1,200, going once
28. Does this count?
29. Finally found one
31. 310$ is definitely the right price 🤦♂️
32. What in Satan’s hell fire is this
33. A Dinomite Bargain!
34. Earrings are $43 but the tetanus is free!
35. She put her signature in case it appreciates in value someday…
36. “Gilgalad Gives Galadriel the Last of the Mallorn Seeds”
37. Antique spiral notebooks increase the value
38. Interesting take on stranger things
39. Finally found one in the wild
40. Found on Mercari
Which one was the most delusional of them all? Is it OK to call them out publicly? What is your thought on that? Tell us in the comments.