Things change with time. Sometimes we wonder what that place we saw decades ago would look like now.
A thread on Reddit, “Old Photos In Real Life” brought together many “then-and-now” images of random places all around the world.
Viral Strange has collected 20 of these images for you. Enjoy…
1. Odesa, Ukraine, 1942 – Today
2. Holland, 1982 – 2020
3. Tunnel Rock At Sequoia National Park, 1952 – 2020
4. Chróstnik Palace, Poland, 2009 – 2021
5. Here’s A Wonderful 1915 Pasadena Craftsmen Located In Bunglsow Heaven That I Had The Pleasure Of Purchasing And Restoring A Few Years Back. Although This House Was Only 950 Sqft It Took Nearly 2 Years To Complete The Renovations Due To Working With The Pasadena Historical Society And City Permitting
6. Borodyanka, Ukraine, Before The War – Today
7. Edinburgh, Scotland
8. Family Farmhouse 1912-2022 (I’d Especially Like To Note That The Green Bench Has Been On The Front Porch For At Least 110 Years)
9. Hiking On The Faroes Guided By The Old Cairns
10. Edinburgh Princes Street, 1996 – Now
11. Nickelodeon Studios In The ’90s vs. The Same Building Today
12. Railway Station In Okhtyrka, Ukraine
13. Moore Hall, Ireland, 1800s vs. Today
14. For The First Time In 76 Years, Wwii Veteran Robert White Stands In The Vicinity In Which He Landed After Jumping Into Germany In March Of 1945. He Was As A Paratrooper With The 17th Airborne Division.
15. Captured Japanese Mini Submarine In The Aleutian Islands, 1943 And 2021
16. The Lincoln Memorial In 1920 Before The Reflecting Pool Was Built.
17. The Mahabodhi Temple At Bodh Gaya, India, As Seen From A Second Century Plaque And How It Looks Like Today
18. Newcastle Castle, UK – 1895 To 2022
19. Sas-Bahu Temple, Gwalior Fort, Gwalior, India. 1869 And 2019. The Temple Was Built In 1093.
20. Times Square A Few Years Apart
Do you know any other place that has changed a lot after many years? Tell us in the comments!