Life is beautiful and complicated. There’s beauty in it, too.
However, some things complicate life on another level, and people don’t need that kind of drama. A thread on Reddit has gathered useless inventions that, in their opinion, are not needed in the world.
Viral Strange has collected 30 of the most liked comments on this thread.
1. “Beauty pageants for children”
2. “Gender reveal parties”
3. “For profit prisons”
4. “So called influncers, I’m probably too old to understand them but I certainly don’t want my 1 year old to aspire to be one”
5. “Smart devices. No LG, I don’t want to download an app to use my f*****g washing machine, I want to wash my clothes ffs”
6. “Shark fin soup – Tens of millions of sharks are killed every year for their fins that offer little nutritional value and serve no purpose outside of being a status symbol”
7. “Any product that you pay for, and then have to pay a subscription to use.”
8. “Reality TV. I swear it glamorized the worst kind of behavior, and we ate it up.”
9. “Landmines. I’ll tell you why: They render large tracts of land completely unusable. They are expensive and difficult to remove safely because there is seldom documentation of where they are placed. They are cheap, plentiful, easy to place, and deadly. They kill/maim livestock and wild animals. They kill/maim innocent people decades after conflicts have ended. Many times the victims are children because they can’t read or don’t understand warning signs”
10. “Seafloor trawling. It destroys the habitant of fish just so we can squeeze every bit of a fish from an area…”
11. “40+ hour work week”
12. “YouTube “end screens” (or “end cards”) that often block content at the end of the video you’re watching.”
13. “Devices meant to break after a short period of time, and devices that purposely have parts you can’t replace.”
16. “Single use plastics”
17. “I’ve gone through a ton and haven’t seen this one. Slavery.”
18. “Cookie pop-ups. How come we still don’t have a more efficient way to manage our browsing privacy.”
19. “Unskippable Ads”
20. “Ads with sounds that play when your phones sound is off”
21. “Drug commercials. F**k me, your average joe, making drug recommendations TO MY DOCTOR – who spent 10+ years studying and working to be in the position.”
22. “They’ve ruined the environment by killing off the pollinators. I swear, they will be the reason for more food shortages just as swiftly as climate change will affect us all.”
23. “Pop up ads. Not only are they so annoying but can either scam or install malware on the devices of unsuspecting people.”
24. “Auto play videos, especially in non video streaming websites. NOBODY asked for them, yet so much work is getting put into making it a web standard. Just f*****g stop.”
25. “Fast fashion. I can’t imagine the amount of cheap, tacky clothes just mountains in landfills.”
26. “Ads on streaming services that I F*****G pay for. You don’t need revenue, Hulu, that’s what my subscription is!”
27. “Convenience fees on debit/credit card transactions.”
30. “Adblock detectors. Your site forces me to disable adblock? Ill just go to another site.”
Would you add something else to the list? Tell us in the comments!