Tighten large pores by taking care of your skin daily. It does not need much, to be honest. You can see a facial treatment specialist if you do not have time.
Some products, genetics, and age can contribute to having enlarged pores. However, you can follow a routine at home that can help you minimize large pores. The proper treatment and cleansing routine can help a lot.
Viral Strange has gathered 10 tips from dermatologists to help you tighten large pores. *Please, you are advised to see a dermatologist to give you further advice and prescriptions.
1. Use cleansing products with a natural pH
Before you buy a cleansing product, check its pH balance. Cosmetologists say that it contributes a lot to your skin’s health. The pH should range between 4.7 and 5.75. The wrong cleanser will make your pores larger but might also lead to skin diseases like rosacea or dermatitis.
2. No daily cream on an oily nose
Dermatologists suggest not applying daily cream on your nose if it is oily. Even if you have blackheads, you should do the same because otherwise, it will make the pores wider.
3. Glycolic acid can unclog the pores
Dermatologists advise using glycolic acid for clogged pores. This acid reduces large pores. It can even be used on dry skin.
4. Use warm water to wash your face twice a day
Wash your face in the morning and evening to unclog pores from the dirt. The water should be warm, not hot.
5. Use oil-free SPF
Depending on your skin type, you can choose the SPF. Otherwise, it can clog your pores.
- Oily and acne-prone skin: oil-free SPF with a light texture.
- Dry skin: SPF with an oil-free lightweight moisturizer.
6. Use oil-blotting papers in your bag
Oily skin people know the drill. That is why you are advised to carry oil-blotting papers with you in your bag. You can get rid of the oil in your skin by pressing, not scrubbing your skin with it.
7. Oily and combination skin people should avoid liquid-rich cosmetics
People that have oily or combination skin should avoid liquid cosmetics. It can make the situation even worse. Dermatologists suggest a light moisturizer for people with large pores.
8. Do not overconsume dairy products
9. Apply a zinc oxide lotion to large pores
10. Exfoliate depending on your skin type
Define your skin type before starting an exfoliation treatment.
- Oily, thick skin: you can use stronger chemicals for exfoliation. Though, if you have darker skin or dark spots, you better avoid this.
- Dry, acne-prone, or sensitive skin: you can use a mild chemical not to irritate the skin.
Do you have enlarged pores? Do you have a skincare routine to prevent them from causing them? Tell us in the comments below.