Unusual statements kids have made are kinda creepy. Kids often amaze us with their bewildering actions and words.
On Reddit, parents shared eerie and amusing tales of unusual statements kids have made, from the thread “Parents of Reddit, what is the creepiest thing your young child has ever said to you?”
1. “I was with my sister, her husband, and their two year old daughter. We were talking about loved ones that had recently passed (my father had died sometime recently). My brother in law went and grabbed a picture of his mother, who had died in a car crash when he was six, to show me. When my niece saw the picture though she started laughing. We asked her what was so funny and she looked at us and said: ‘That’s my special friend who sings to me.’ I still shiver a bit just thinking about it.” – KaiserXI
2. “While changing my daughter in front of the open closet door. She kept looking around me and laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said, ‘the man.’ To which I replied, ‘what man?’ She then pointed at the closet and said, ‘the man with the snake neck.’ I turn around and nothing was there. I’m afraid to look into the history of my house to see if anyone hung themselves in the closet. At least she wasn’t scared.” – QuagmireDP
3. “Daddy sleep’ then pushing my head underwater at the pool.” – by evillawnornament.
4. “Not to me, but to his grandmother. He was cuddling with her and being very sweet (he was about 3 at the time). He takes her face in his hands, and brings his face close to hers, then tells her that she’s very old, and will die soon. Then he makes a point of looking at the clock.” by NotTomPettysGirl.
5. User ToastedCheese was putting his kid to sleep and reassured him that there was nothing under his bed. The kid replied: “He is behind you now.”
6. “I was tucking in my two-year-old. He said ‘Goodbye dad.’ I said, ‘No, we say good night”. He said ‘I know. But this time it’s goodbye.’ Had to check on him a few times to make sure he was still here.’ – UnfortunateBirthMark
7. “My sister got hit by a drunk driver in April and it totalled her car. She had my 4 year old nephew and my infant niece with her. When my mom arrived at the hospital my nephew asked her if he would thank the big guys. What big guys Kaiden? Grammy, the big guys that were in the car with me when it got loud and scary and they hugged me with their arms and kept me safe. Even the insurance adjuster cannot explain how either child escaped with not a scratch.” – Amanda Hawkins
8. “I was sound asleep, and at around 6am I was woken up by my 4 year old daughter’s face inches from mine. She looked right into my eyes and whispered, ‘I want to peel all your skin off.’ The backstory here is I had been sunburned the previous week, and was starting to peel. In my sleep addled state however, it was pretty terrifying for a few seconds. I didn’t know if I was dreaming, or what was going on.” – psalm_69
9. “When my cousin was 2 years old or so, her mom got pregnant again. One day she went to hug her mom’s belly and said ‘little brother sick.’ A few days later she had a miscarriage.” – JuWhi
10. “When I was a waitress, I watched a little girl (4ish) stab her plastic fork into her sandwich repeatedly, saying ‘die die die die die die.’ When I asked her what she was doing (her mom was in the bathroom for a minute), she replied with a straight face, ‘I like to kill things, but mom says I shouldn’t. So I picked the ham because it can’t scream.” – RatedRx
11. “My noticeably pregnant sister and I were having a conversation at the dining room table. My 4 year old son was also present and asked my sister if there was a baby in her belly. She affirmed. He, completely straight faced, slid from his chair and headed for the kitchen saying ‘We need to get it out. I’ll go get the knife.’ I don’t even know.” – by an anonymous user
Still not pleased? Read more unusual statements kids have made to their parents.
12. “Getting my two and a half year old daughter out of the bath one night, my wife and I were briefing her on how important it was she kept her privates clean. She casually replied “Oh, nobody ‘scroofs’ me there. They tried one night. They kicked the door in and tried but I fought back. I died and now I’m here.” She said this like it was nothing.” – utcursch
13. “My five-year-old adopted little sister has a game she would play, where we would pretend to go around to people’s houses and take their children. Once we rounded up enough we would eat them, violently and maliciously. This was her idea, through and through. The name of the game? Social worker.” – borkmeister
14. “We were having roast chicken for dinner. Son (3) has a lightbulb moment. Holds up the chicken skin. “When we say ‘chicken skin’, is this the skin of the chicken? Like my skin?” The next day after some Sunday napping we play cars. I see a fresh scar on his foot. A straight line with a little dry blood. Ask the little sir about it: “I cut myself. I took a knife because I wanted to see what my meat looks like under my skin but it hurt a little so I stopped. I still don’t know.” – floatingyoghurt
15. “My wife was getting my 2-year-old son up one morning. He was standing in his bed/crib. As she said good morning and walked over to him he picked up her shirt a little and crooked his head to the side. She asked him what he was doing and he said, “Looking for my baby sister in your tummy.” She laughed it off as a weird kid’s imagination thing. We found out later that at the time she was 2 weeks pregnant and it was, in fact, a girl. We are due in September. We had never really talked about where babies come from nor did we talk about having another child at all around him. So spooky.” – Jmersch
16. “Not my child…but, my 3 yo niece told my wife to dance in the middle of the room while she hid in a closet watching through the crack in the door.” – Chester_A_Arthritis
Do you have children? Have you ever come across unusual statements kids have made to you or your partner? Let us know in the comments!