There are many uses of baking soda besides cooking. Usually, women know more about these because they use the tricks at home remedies and not only.
However, even if you do not know all of them, Viral Strange has gathered 12 tips and tricks that certainly will help you in your daily life.
1. Removing different types of stains
Do you know those stubborn stains that might not go away even after washing them? There is a solution to that! Use baking soda to remove them. All you have to do is mix!
For yellow sweat stains:
• 2 tbsp of baking soda
• 4 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide
•1 tsp of liquid detergent
Mix these ingredients and apply the mixture to the stain. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then wash the clothes as usual. Careful with linen clothes, as they might get ripped if you use this mixture often.
For green stains from grass and blood stains on jeans:
• Dissolve baking soda in a small amount of warm water
Rub the mixture into the fabric with a brush. Leave it for 30 minutes. After that, wash and rinse the clothes.
For greasy stains on jackets made of polyamide or polyester:
• Put some water on the stains to wet the area
• Rub baking soda into the stains
Leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash your down jacket.
2. Getting rid of blackheads
You can get rid of those blackheads on your skin! Baking soda neutralizes the skin’s pH. All you have to do is make a paste and put it on your skin!
• Mix baking soda with water to make the paste
• Wash your face with warm water to open the pores
• Apply the paste to the area where blackheads are present
• Massage the are covered in paste
• Leave it on for 1 minute.
Rinse off your face with warm water. Then splash some cool water to constrict the pores.
3. No more leg swelling
When an excessive amount of salt is present in the body’s tissues, it can lead to leg swelling. Baking soda helps to get rid of swollen legs!
• Mix 1.5 tsp of baking soda with 1 cup of boiling water in a bowl
• Put cotton socks into the bowl, then put them on
• Cover your feet with plastic food wrap
• Wear dry socks
You can leave them on for as much as you want, even overnight. In 8 hours, your legs will be better.
4. Keeping broccoli bright green while cooking
When cooking, some veggies, such as broccoli, start darkening. To avoid this, add 1 tbsp of baking soda to the pan with water where broccoli is placed.
5. Making a modeling compound
Do you love creating things? You can use baking soda to make a modeling compound!
• Mix 1 tbsp of baking soda with 1/2 cup of corn starch
• Add 3/4 cup of warm water
• Stir well and put it in a pan over medium heat. Keep stirring.
When it gets thick and forms a clump, take it off, and let it cool down. It will be solid in a few!
6. Fixing cracked ceramics
Mix baking soda and PVA glue in a 1:1 ratio. The paste that will be created helps fill the cracks in tile and other ceramics.
7. Make dishwasher tablets
DIY dishwasher tablets! What do you need to make it happen?
• 1 tbsp of baking soda
• 1/2 cup of salt
• 1/3 cup of citric acid
• Mix them in a bowl
• Add 2-3 tbsp of a dishwashing liquid
• Mix them all
• Leave the mixture to sit for 1.5 to 2 hours
Put the mixture into silicone ice cube molds and let it dry.
8. Remove white stains on the blackboard
All you need is water, baking soda, and a sponge! Wet the sponge in water, then soak it in baking soda. The blackboard will be clean in a minute!
9. Remove pesticides from fruits and veggies
Pesticides and wax are present in almost every fruit and vegetable. To get rid of them fast, you can:
• Mix 1 tsp of baking soda and 33 fl oz of warm water
• Put the fruits or veggies in the bowl
• Leave them in for 15-20 minutes
10. Soften the fabrics
You can have softer clothes in a day! Baking soda comes to help.
• Mix 1-1.5 tbsp of baking soda in 170 fl oz water.
• Soak your clothes
• Leave them for 24 hours
You will have softer and cleaner clothes!
11. Get rid of stains on shoe soles
You might know that the white sole of your shoes becomes yellow. To make them bright again, you have to make a mixture!
• 2 tbsp of baking soda
• 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide
• 1 tbsp of water
• Mix them all until a homogeneous mixture is created
Apply it and clean the soles with a small brush.
12. Recovery baths after a workout
You can relieve muscle pain after a workout with a baking soda bath!
• Pour 1/2 pack of baking soda into boiling water
• Let it dissolve
• Add it to the water in your bath
You might need to stay in at least for 20-minutes. Your muscles will be relaxed, and your skin will be smoother.
Have you ever used any of these tricks? What else can you use baking soda for? Tell us in the comments.