Face pigmentation occurs due to excess melanin production, often triggered by factors like sun exposure or hormonal changes during pregnancy. Eliminating dark spots can be challenging due to these reasons.
Viral Strange has prepared 10 tips on how to reduce face pigmentation naturally.
1. Apply red onion
1. Dice a red onion finely.
2. Place the onion in an empty tea bag.
3. Gently apply the bag to hyperpigmented areas.
4. Leave the onion juice on for 10 minutes.
2. Use yogurt or milk on your face
• Directly apply yogurt or milk to pigmented area or use a milk-soaked cotton ball. Rinse after a few minutes.
• Moisturize afterward.
• Repeat twice daily for optimal results – morning and bedtime.
3. Apply mulberry leaves or their extract
Achieve natural pigmentation treatment with mulberry leaves. Soak and apply daily for gradual but effective results in reducing melanin production.
4. Use aloe vera gel on your face
Experience the skin-transforming power of aloe vera. Reduce pigmentation naturally with aloesin or aloin, found in aloe vera. Apply cream or gel daily for noticeable results.
5. Apply apple cider vinegar
Learn how apple cider vinegar fights hyperpigmentation with acetic acid, a skin-lightening agent. It also acts as an antioxidant, safeguarding cells. However, exercise caution if you have other skin concerns.
1. Combine equal parts apple cider vinegar and clean water.
2. Apply to dark spots and leave for 2-3 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Repeat twice daily.
6. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher
Achieving fading takes time, typically 6-12 months, for a dark spot. Ensure your efforts aren’t in vain by using sunscreen. Apply daily and choose SPF 30+ with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. For oily skin, opt for “non-comedogenic” and “won’t clog pores” sunscreens.
7. Use retinol
Discover the significance of retinoids in treating pigmented skin and addressing acne, psoriasis, and photoaging. Combine retinol with a basic moisturizer for a perfect combo for dry and irritated skin. Consistency is key for maximum effectiveness. Typically, noticeable results can be seen after 2-3 weeks of daily use.
8. Avoid skin lighteners that contain mercury
Exercise caution when applying products to your skin. Certain whitening creams or masks may pose risks. Check the ingredients carefully. Avoid beauty products containing mercury as they can lead to thin, fragile skin or permanent discoloration.
9. Opt for foods rich in Vitamin C
As advised by dermatologists, achieve effective hyperpigmentation treatment by addressing internal and external factors. Nourish your body and focus beyond topical solutions. Vitamin C plays a vital role in flawless skin. For accelerated results, incorporate sour cabbage, the vitamin C powerhouse, into your diet.
10. Consume amla after your meal
Do you suffer from face pigmentation? What do you do? Have you tried any of these tips before? Let us know in the comments below.