in

Toddler Almost Died Because of a Bathroom Object

A toddler almost died due to a bathroom item. Discover the shocking story and learn about this harrowing incident and safety measures.

A toddler’s life hung in the balance as a simple bathroom object nearly took it away. This harrowing experience prompted his mom to share her story and advocate for the item’s secure storage around kids.

The toddler’s life was saved with the help of his 4-year-old brother.

Toddler Almost Died
© tinyheartseducation / Instagram

On Tiny Hearts‘ Instagram, a concerned mother anonymously recounted the harrowing night her toddler, Archie, nearly drowned in their bathtub. Founded by a former paramedic, Tiny Hearts focuses on child safety.

“At 4am in the morning our 4-year-old son came running down to our bedroom shouting that his brother was in the bath and needed urgent help,” she wrote. “We found our cheeky, adventurous 2-year-old in the bath fully clothed with nappy and everything on.”

The mother detailed the harrowing incident involving her toddler. Initially, he climbed a stool, an unprecedented action, and then plugged the bath drain. As water rushed in, the bathroom began to flood. Fortunately, their second child promptly reacted to save his younger sibling.

“If our 4-year-old hadn’t of woken up I can’t even think about what we may have woken up to,” she said.

Despite the family’s continuous efforts to maintain a safe environment, they couldn’t avert the incident.

© tinyheartseducation / Instagram

Archie’s mother emphasized their safety precautions, but the bath plug, the unexpected danger, prompted her to share. Following the incident, she secured the bathroom door and stored the plug safely in a locked cupboard.

“I hope this story can educate other parents because honestly I consider myself to be REALLY on top of child safety: every cupboard is locked, every piece of furniture is anchored or mounted to the wall and every effort is taken to ensure the safety of our kids at all time but I honestly just never thought of locking away the plug,” she said.

This toddler is among the fortunate ones.

Toddler Almost Died
© tinyheartseducation / Instagram

Drowning is the leading cause of death for children aged 1 to 4 in the United States, claiming an average of 11 lives daily.

Another 22 children experience nonfatal drownings each day, often leading to severe health issues like brain damage, necessitating hospitalization in nearly 40% of cases. Fortunately, Archie’s story had a positive outcome; he received medical attention and is now in good health.

HOW TO ENSURE CHILDREN’S SAFETY IN THE BATHROOM

Toddler Almost Died

To create a safer environment for children in the bathroom, consider the following precautions:

1. Never leave your child unattended, even momentarily, as accidents can occur in seconds.
2. Ensure the bathtub is completely drained before leaving the room to prevent drowning in shallow water.
3. Install a baby gate to restrict unsupervised access to the bathroom.
4. When bathing babies, use a sink or bathtub adapter to prevent rolling or submersion.
5. Install a scald guard, as most infant burns occur during bath time with running tap water.

While older siblings often help care for younger ones, it’s important to avoid relying on them as babysitters for various reasons.

Written by Dadadel

Adelaida, the founder of Dadadel Creative, boasts a multifaceted background, blending expertise in software engineering, copywriting, and digital marketing. Prior to establishing her agency, she honed her skills as the former Head of the News Department at a regional media outlet, and also amassing 18 years of experience as a host. She has a penchant for sarcasm, a passion for lifestyle topics, and an undeniable love for cats.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *