Architect designers are very talented people! They can create from the simplest things to the craziest ones! Architecture and design are the topics where functions and art meet. Aesthetics will always be a part of the architecture that everyone might love and admire.
On the other hand, the craziness of an artist goes beyond what we imagine. Sometimes, beautiful pieces of architectural design are created for a brave category of people because the others might even get mortified only by the idea of it.
Viral Strange has gathered 40 of the most intriguing pictures shared in the r/ArchitectureForAdults subreddit that might be unsafe for some people but fascinating for another part.
1. ALMOST pulled a Michael Scott while delivering groceries today
2. You don‘t need to be drunk anymore
3. Mural on the back of Acme Incorporated.
5. This staircase
6. All these houses are connected by a pool
7. In the ’20s, Fiat had a test track on top of their production warehouse.
9. Pontcysyllte Aqueduct – Trevor, Wrexham, Wales
10. Construction of the Hindenburg- Yes, those are ladders.
11. These obstacles are almost invisible on the bike lane
12. What was their first idea, stairs made from piles of rusty nails?
13. Meteora Monasteries, Greece
14. the Storseisundet Bridge in Norway
15. This 1930s design let you hang your baby over the side of a building in a cage
16. Step out of a bathtub down a flight of stairs, anyone?
17. This architect accidentally built a death ray that melts cars and fries eggs… again
18. The Cannonball Loop waterslide, a slide so dangerous it was shut down almost immediately after opening
19. Yup. A door…
20. Hope you don’t drop anything
21. On the floor of the doctor’s office. If you trip on it, you’re in the right place
22. A footbridge with knee-high sides
23. Indian Stepwells | The construction of step-wells is mainly utilitarian, though they may include embellishments of architectural significance, and be temple tanks
24. Stairwell in a hotel I stayed in
25. Oh no
26. Window that turns into a balcony
27. I don’t even know where to begin
28. Looks too easy to slip and fall
29. Wavy stairs to make going downstairs more fun
30. Hammock Bathtub
31. This infinity pool
32. Emergency exit…
33. I always wanted a Treehouse
34. What kind of stairs is that even????
35. Train to Machu Picchu with a balcony
36. Skyslide at OUE Skyspace in Los Angeles, CA | An outdoor glass slide that’s attached to the exterior of the U.S. Bank Tower. The Skyslide is 45 feet long, about four feet wide, and made entirely with 1.25-inch glass. Visitors glide from the 70th to the 69th floor. Now permanently closed.
37. Internal staircase for people who like every trip to be an adventure, and no longer have children.
38. These urinals are where you can look out to the street. Windows aren’t tinted at all so you can also see in. Even has a sink on top of each one.
39. The Statue of Liberty’s Torch, New York, NY | The torch has been closed since the “Black Tom” explosion of July 30, 1916, which was one of the largest acts of sabotage to our nation before the event of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941
40. Adult transportation
Which one was the “scariest” to you? Tell us in the comments which design impressed you the most.